How can physiotherapy help?
Our physiotherapist will discuss your symptoms and examine your neck and jaw. We will observe your neck and jaw movement and control and touch on areas around the jaw to identify sites of pain and muscle tension. The course of treatment will then be tailored to you and include a number of the following:
- Massage and trigger point release
- Joint mobilisation of the jaw and neck
- Postural advice and exercise
- Exercises to balance the jaw muscles and correct movement abnormalities
- Acupuncture / Dry needling for reduction of pain and release of tight muscles